Information regarding visit visas & stay permits in the territory of the Republic of Kosovo, including the list of countries that do not need require short-stay visas.
Fill out this application if your intent is staying less than 3 months in the territory of the Republic of Kosovo.Download here - Visa type C
Fill out this application if your intent is staying longer than 3 months in the territory of the Republic of Kosovo.Download here - Visa type D
SEND THE FORM
Send your visa application form including additional documents if needed.
If you are not a citizen of one of the countries listed above or do not belong to one of the Special Categories then you must apply for a Kosovo visa if you wish to visit or transit through the territory of the Republic of Kosovo.
You must submit the application in person no later than three (3) months before the start of the visit to the relevant Diplomatic or Consular Mission of the Republic of Kosovo. Multi-entry visa holders can submit the application six (6) months before the valid visa expires.
The following categories are exempt from the need to obtain a visa:
- Citizens of countries to which the Republic of Kosovo applies a visa regime but who have a valid biometric residence permit issued by one of the Schengen Area countries, as well as holders of a valid multi-entry Schengen visa are exempted from the need to obtain Kosovo visa for entry, transit and stay in the territory of the Republic of Kosovo. Their stay within the territory of the Republic of Kosovo is limited to 15 days.
- Citizens of: EU Member States, Schengen Area Member States, Holy See, Principality of Andorra, Principality of Monaco, Republic of San Marino, Republic of Albania, Montenegro, and Republic of Serbia are allowed entry , transit and stay of up to 90 days for a period of six (6) months, with a valid biometric ID card.
- Holders of diplomatic and official passports issued by the countries of the Russian Federation, the People's Republic of China, Egypt, Indonesia, Ukraine are allowed to enter, transit and stay for up to 15 days in the territory of the Republic of Kosovo.
- Holders of valid travel documents issued by the administrations of specific regions of the People's Republic of China: Hong Kong and Macao, are exempted from the need to obtain a visa.
- Holders of travel documents issued by Taiwan are exempted from the need to apply for a visa provided that they notify the diplomatic or consular mission of the Republic of Kosovo in advance, at least 2 weeks in advance.
- Where valid travel documents issued under the Refugee Status Convention (1951) and the Convention on the Status of Stateless Persons (1954) as well as travel documents for valid foreigners are issued by EU Member States and Schengen Area, as well as the United States of America, Canada, Australia, Japan, New Zealand, then their holders are exempted from the need to obtain a Kosovo visa for entry, transit, and stay in the territory of the Republic of Kosovo which is limited in 15 days.
- Holders of Travel Documents (Laissez-Passers) issued by the United Nations, NATO, OSCE, Council of Europe and European Union, are exempt from visa application procedures to enter the country regardless of their nationality .
Visa application form completed and signed in original. Persons involved in the applicant's travel document must submit a separate application. In case the applicant is a minor, the form must be signed by the parents or legal guardian;
A copy of the travel document which proves to be valid at least three months after the date of departure from the territory of the Republic of Kosovo. The travel document must have at least two (2) blank pages;
A photograph (not older than 1 month) in accordance with ICAO (International Civil Aviation Organization) standards;
Evidence of the purpose of stay in the Republic of Kosovo;
Evidence related to accommodation or proof of possession of sufficient means for accommodation;
Proof of sufficient financial means to cover the costs of stay in the Republic of Kosovo and to return to the country of origin, or transit to the third country to which he is granted entry, or which is in a position to earn them in lawfully;
Valid health insurance in the Republic of Kosovo covering the entire period of stay in the Republic of Kosovo;
The application fee for visa C is 40 Euros. The application fee for a D visa is 80 Euros, which must be paid by applicants other than holders of diplomatic or official passports; children under 6 years of age; pupils, students and teachers accompanying them on visits aimed at studies or training;
Note: Please refer to the relevant Diplomatic or Consular Mission website where you will submit the visa application to obtain the bank details where the payment is to be made.
Depending on the purpose of the visit, the Consular Officer may request other supporting documents;
All supporting documents must be translated into one of the official languages of the Republic of Kosovo or into English;
All documents must be submitted in two (2) copies;
Holders of diplomatic / official passports are exempt from visa tax and the obligation to appear in person upon application;
An applicant for a visa who has been denied a visa may file a complaint against the refusal within 8 calendar days with the mission in which the visa application was made.
Possession of the visa alone does not automatically give the right of entry.
REACH OUT TO COMMUNICATION OFFICE